This product is available during these seasons:
Arctic surf clams or 'Hokkigai' are exceptionally suited for sushi and other Asian cuisine. Our premium Arctic surf clams are provided to us by Clearwater, a leader in responsibly harvested seafood. They are MSC-certified, wild caught and 100 percent natural. Upon harvest they are individually-quick-frozen at sea (FAS) to lock in their just-caught quality. They are then sorted, size graded and rigorously tested so that only the finest sushi-grade clams make it through to you.
Ready to serve and best used in cold applications such as sushi or salads, these clams offer a beautiful rose / white coloration, mild aroma and very juicy texture with a slight crunch and fresh, distinguished taste. They can also be used in hot dishes, such as stir-fry and soup, if they are added at the very end to prevent over-cooking.
For best results, store clams in your freezer until you are ready to defrost them for use. We recommend defrosting them overnight in your refrigerator. For quick defrost, place clams in a sealed bag and immerse in cold water for 30 minutes. Do not defrost in the microwave. After defrosting, the clams can be stored in your refrigerator for one day. Do not refreeze after thawing.How to Prepare
1) Ensure clams are fully defrosted.
2) Cut clam straight through the middle (prime cut) resulting in two identical looking pieces of clam.
3) Once the clam is cut in half, remove any black material from the inside gut cavity and discard. Any yellow or beige colored material should be left as it provides exceptional flavor to the clam.
4) Trim any loose ends of the clam.
5) Serve in cold applications (sushi, salads) or add at the end of a hot application to prevent over-cooking.
Distributed by Clearwater. Product of Canada.